Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Wishlist Wednesday: The Midi Skirt

If there's anything that's changed about my style & shopping habits in the past year, it's that my average price point has raised significantly. Whether it's because I'm getting older, I worked in a semi-higher-end clothing store, or I've found a new love for boutiques, it's becoming a (first world) problem.

In my lame effort to pursue a kind-of minimalist lifestyle, I think long and hard before spending more than $30 on a single clothing item. My reasoning is, why spend that much on one item when I could go thrifting and get 3 items for the same price? That pretty much defeats the purpose of minimalism, but I'm working on it!

sources: i // ii

Anyway, that's the reason why I haven't purchased a midi skirt yet. I love this trend, and I hope it sticks around for a little while longer. I've yet to find one that fits my price point, and honestly, I don't know if I could pull it off without looking like an ill-dressed/old school librarian. No hate towards librarians though, they're awesome!

The most prominent midi skirt styles I've seen are striped, floral, or plain. A few shops have illustrated designs, but I'm definitely not cool enough to pull them off! I feel like you have to live in Europe or NYC to wear these, you know?

purchase: i // ii

If I ever cave and get over my fear of looking like a failed fashion attempt, I'd probably opt for a single colored skater midi skirt. I think the structured ones (is there a name for this?) are more suited for petites. Here are a few of my favorites & links to buy:

purchase: i // ii // iii

I think a few go-to's would be to pair these with a chambray, tie-front, or crop top. If you have any tips on styling midi skirts, let me know! I want to jump on the bandwagon!

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is such a great post sweetie! What a fun blog you have. You gain a new follower! ;)

    I would like to invite you to check out my blog. I'm a life coach and every week, I post life coaching blogs and videos to help you achieve your dreams and live a balanced life. I would love to stay in touch with you and have you as part of the community! I hope to see you there and stay in touch! <3

    Diana Bryant

    www.ManhattanImageandStyle.com – Blog

    www.DianaBryant.com – Web

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice skirts !

    http://www.fruityandpassion.com/2015/07/music-seeker-servant-drawing-me-to-you.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with midi skirts! These are such pretty ones!

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello from
    Spain: great midi skirt. I just discovered your blog and I like the variety of topics that you write.
    Fashion and beauty are my hobbies with my Barbie doll collection. Right now I
    have a blog dedicated to those dolls that I invite you to visit:
    all4barbie.blogspot.com If you want we keep in touch. I already made me a
    follower of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thepreppystudentJuly 25, 2015 at 1:10 PM

    you look great! I love the skirt on you. Im not yet ready to try the midi but you rock it!

    -The Preppy Student

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love midi skirts too! I think they look very vintage and classic. Like the sort of outfits you might find strolling the streets of Paris with a bike or something. haha! I have a few midi-dresses but skirts have been a bit harder to find.
    I'm sure you would look great in these kind of skirts and good luck finding one!


    www.thegirlandthepapercastle.loveslife.biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't own one either but a few have spotted my eye, there's a really poofy striped one in Top Shop I'm coveting.

    fourcatsplusus.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love the striped midi skirts! If I could just find one that fits well without making me look like I came off the prairie I would totally try it out haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, I feel the same way! Thanks Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Top Shop! I've seen a couple there and a few on ASOS that I'm on the fence about.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, Melissa! I agree, they're so chic. I picture people in these skirts riding a Vespa, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many skirts and only one pay cheque!! Ahhhhh! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha, I know right?! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.