Sunday, July 5, 2015

'Merica Day

 For those in America, I hope you had a fantastic 4th of July! The 4th is one of my favorite holidays because I love fireworks. I don't know what it is that makes them so magical to me, but they just are. That, and Independence Day also brings a wealth of corn dogs, BBQ, and funnel cakes. How could I complain?

I'm a little sad that I didn't get to see the Nashville show (best show in the nation!) like I usually do, but Texas has a lot to offer! What's cool is that each city in Dallas-Fort Worth hosts their celebration on a different night, so you have the opportunity to go to all of them. The interns and I went to Kaboom Town, which was supposed to be the best show in DFW. It definitely didn't size up to Nashville's, but it was fun nonetheless! There was a concert, an air show, and of course, a great fireworks show.


Excuse the wrinkly shorts. I don't have an iron in Texas, oops. Top - Plato's Closet, J.Crew | Shorts - Plato's Closet | Necklace - Forever 21 | Sandals - Target

Thankfully, the weather wasn't as hot as I was expecting it to be. I normally don't have anything fun to wear for the 4th since I don't like to branch out with colors, but I've been working on that! I got the top and shorts from Plato's Closet. And, guess what - that's a J. Crew top! $9? I'll take it.


This was the first time I've tried to take outfit photos by myself. It took an infinitely long time, but I don't think they're too shabby. Focusing the camera was my biggest challenge, as you can probably tell.
Me tryna be cute and excited about the 4th of July
At Kaboom Town, I played with long exposure photography for the first time. I've always wanted to photograph fireworks, and I finally got the chance! Here are some of my favorites from the night.

Click to view the full size - Blogger thumbnails don't do them justice!














 

This summer has really inspired me to get back into blogging. I really do love it, I just use the "oh no I don't have time" excuse, but I've never made time. My style has changed this past year, and I want to share that. I'm even looking into editorial calendars so I don't go too long without a post. I am determined to stick to it!

How did you celebrate the 4th?

3 comments:

  1. Awesome post! And your body is to die for!! I adore your outfit selection :)

    I’d really love it if we followed each other :)
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos Emily, your outfit was adorable!Since I am Canadian I celebrated Canada day a few days before you guys. We saw fireworks, and the weekend before we saw fireworks out at the Portuguese Park, where they roast a pig, have dancing and do fireworks + giant bonfire. For myself I go on a blogging spree, and then schedule the posts, especially for series like my business series. That way I know I am always devoting time to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Domenica! That sounds like so much fun, I love bonfires. I'm working on planning out posts and taking photographs in advance. The only reason I have to wait until the fall is because I don't have Internet in my current apartment, haha. I've got a ton of posts written, just no way to upload them yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.