Monday, July 20, 2015

Downtown McKinney

top pacsun | skirt urban outfitters | sandals target | necklace forever 21

After visiting the farmer's market in the morning, a few of the interns and I headed to downtown McKinney and walked around. I scored a new skirt at Urban for only $10 on the sale rack! It was a perfect find because I'd been looking for a black skater skirt. It's a little shorter than I thought, but I wear shorts under skirts & dresses anyway because I'm paranoid. Protip - don't wear short skirts on a windy day!


We grabbed brunch at Spoons Cafe, which serves breakfast all day. Any place that serves breakfast food forever is fine by me.


While looking for a backdrop to take outfit photos, we found a piano in a not-creepy alley. It was way out of tune, but it looked like it was going to be used as a stage prop. 


We got our second coffee fix at fILTER(ed). It's a really unique coffee shop, I'd recommend going! I had a lavender iced latte, which was weird but good. They also serve nitrogen-infused coffee. It's supposed to provide an additional energy boost. It didn't really taste like coffee to me, but it wasn't necessarily bad. If it's your first time drinking it, I would highly recommend cream and/or sugar. That stuff was strong.


Finally, I got to visit West & Lou, a boutique owned by Kendi from Kendi Everyday! Her blog is one of the first ones I started reading, and a major inspiration of mine. Everything in the store was so cute!

Opening a boutique (or coffee shop, or any kind of small business) is a dream of mine, and I don't think it's out of reach. How cool would it be to wake up and be excited to go to work? But, I digress. I've still got a few years of school left to figure all of that out.

Do you have any favorite boutiques or small businesses? Let me know! I love checking them out.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute outfit! I love the bold pattern on that skirt paired with the simple black skirt.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.