Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Do Dallas: Trinity Groves

Have you heard of Eventbrite? No? Well, I'm here to personally tell you that it's awesome. Eventbrite allows you to manage entire events all through their software. I've used it for a few on-campus events and have had such a positive experience! It's fantastic if you are running a large event where you need to keep track of tickets. Eventbrite's Hometown Hunt project goes hand in hand with my Do Dallas Series, and I chose to write about my favorite place to eat here in DFW!



One of my favorite places in Dallas this summer has been Trinity Groves (TG), a community-oriented restaurant incubator. TG provides startup assistance for small business owners with a unique idea. The cool thing is that once a restaurant takes off, they move out of the warehouse to their own retail space. This means that restaurants and shops are always cycling in and out of Trinity Groves, so it's changing all the time!


Trinity Groves has a prime location right across the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge. I mean, look at these prime photo opportunities. Check it out now - your Instagram will thank you later! Parking is free across the street, and there are always so many open spots! That's unheard of in Dallas. Trinity Groves also offers valet, if you're feeling fancy.

Most of the restaurants lean towards the expensive end due to their unique flare. Types of food range from Moroccan to sushi to hot dogs. I've had a chance to stop by a few of them, and I can't wait to try more!
image source
Chino Chinatown
This is one of the less expensive venues, serving dishes similar to Chinese take-out but with Latin American inspiration. I've had the Kung Pao Pollo. The food tasted great, it just didn't have as many Latin flavors as I expected. I would describe the dish as very upscale take out. I really want to try the ramen - hopefully it has more Latin flair to it!


Sugar Skull Cafe
Sugar Skull has been on featured on several Dallas restaurant lists, and they are 100% right. Brunch is served until 11AM on weekdays and 1PM on weekends. One breakfast taco costs $4-$5, and they're huge! Yeah, street tacos are cheaper, but look at the size of this taco! A great deal for a cafe, if you ask me. Sugar Skull also serves Ascension Coffee, a local Dallas coffee roaster. My iced 16oz latte was $4.50 though, which evened out the cheap taco.


Cake Bar
Most eateries in Trinity Groves lean towards the expensive side, but a big slice of cake at Cake Bar was only $4.50. We stuck with a traditional chocolate cake. Was it the best cake I've ever had? Probably. I would have gotten an entire cake for myself, but I then realized that eating a whole cake would not have been a good idea.

Kate Weiser Chocolate
Kate creates the most beautiful chocolate I have ever seen. At $2.50 a piece, my chocolate wasn't as wallet-friendly at Cake Bar. But Kate hand paints them! Every piece of chocolate an aesthetic and culinary masterpiece. Kate is super nice and helped us out personally. She didn't ask me to write this post; I just think she's awesome. She really cares that everyone gets exactly what they want, and that's amazing. Check out her Instagram (which she runs on her own) for a little behind the scenes and more chocolate aesthetic. I will definitely be back!

Overall, Trinity Groves is a great place if you're looking to try something new. There's a variety of food options, and since it's so new, there are always new restaurants opening. After dinner, you can take a nice stroll along the Continental Avenue Bridge, head to the Bishop Arts District for some artisan shopping, or go into downtown. I can't wait to see how they'll continue to revitalize the area!

What are your favorite places to hang out in your town? I'd love to hear about them!

12 comments:

  1. OhmyGOODNESS! That cake bar looks ahhhhmazing!
    -Kaitlyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny is this? As we were tweeting and you were commenting on my blog I was definitely poking around yours. Haha! One of my good friends is from Dallas, and so I know I have to get there to visit soon. This section looks awesome! And you're totally right...prime photo ops!


    Random question: what do you use to create your Key Photo? It looks so sleek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trinity Groves sounds like such a rad place, especially with the restaurants always cycling in and out. All the food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dallas is an up and coming place, it's definitely worth a visit! There's a ton of stuff to do here, you just have to know where it is.

    Thanks, Amanda! Normally I'd use Photoshop, but I just discovered canva.com. I would highly recommend it! It's web based, so you don't have to install any software. There are a ton of pre-made templates that you can use, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is! It's crazy to see how many cakes they make in a single day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is such a trendy place, haha. Locals in Dallas say there are only two things to do here - shop and eat. They aren't wrong! Thanks for stopping by, Kathryn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everygoodthingblog by MelissaJuly 30, 2015 at 7:38 PM

    I've always wanted to go to Dallas and your pictures just make me want to go there even more! It looks awesome and seems like there are some great restaurants out there! My favorite places to hang out in my town are probably the local coffee shops and parks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should definitely visit if you have a chance! I love local coffee shops too - the coffee scene here is growing fast. If you ever visit, let me know and I can give you a list of places to check out! Thanks for stopping by, Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spending the day wandering into little cafes and dessert shops is my favorite way to spend the weekend. I go to Dallas quite often since I have up family there but funny enough I've never really explored the area.
    Thanks for the recommendations! Hand painted chocolate sound so neat. I really want to try it now. :)


    www.thegirlandthepapercastle.loveslife.biz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man, all of those dessert shots are making me drool! Everything looks delicious!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too :) Dallas is a really cool place. There's so much to do, but sometimes it's hard to find them. Next time you visit, I would definitely recommend dinner & dessert at Trinity Groves :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was soooo good! Thanks for stopping by, Alecz! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.