Monday, March 3, 2014

Busy Week

This week was quite a hectic one. I still don't really know why, it was just busy. Whenever I have weeks like these, I forget that sometimes, it's just best to cut my losses and relax a little. For lack of a better metaphor, it's no use beating a dead horse, which I tend to do when it comes to studying.

So, to compensate, my friends and I watched 27 Dresses on Friday and spent Saturday morning lounging on the quad. It was totally worth it.

Friday's Outfit
black & white striped sweater - thrifted | scarf - michael's | dark wash jeans - jcpenney | shoes - converse
I swear I don't wear this sweater and scarf as often as it seems. Okay, maybe I do, but I always seem to get outfit photos when I'm wearing the same things. I'll work on that!

Saturday Morning

This semester is the first time I've ever held an officer position in an organization, so I guess you could say that's a contributing factor to my stress levels. Not that I've actually done anything yet, but being held accountable for a group of people is something new to me. I know it will pay off in the end, so it's worth it!

If you're having a stressful week, I highly recommend taking an hour or two to just relax. Coming from a perpetually stressed out, wannabe-overachieving student, it's safe to say that it definitely helps.

Well, good thing it's a new week - I hope you have a great one!

8 comments:

  1. What a cute and casual outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is so cute! :) I had a stressful week too, but this one has been better (so far). x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! I'm glad this week is going better! :)

      Delete
  3. Loving the pretty & casual outfit. Let's hope March is a nice, stress free month haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathryn! And I agree, haha.

      Delete
  4. I like your outfit regardless of the frequency you wear & post it! I think the framing of your photos has also improved too! Before, they were too far away (obviously to capture your entire outfit) but it took away from your outfit because..well, you were so far away! But now they're a bit closer up & the quality looks better. I could just be hallucinating too, yanoe who knows.

    Never seen 27 Dresses, but romcoms aren't mah thang. Neither is what's her face...Katherine Heigl, but I did really like her in...well, I tolerated her, in Roswell. Apparently she's one of the most difficult actresses to work with in Hollywood? Meh, dunno don't care. Anyway, nice that you & your friends had a bit of a break to spend time together watching a movie. MOVIE BREAKS ARE DA BEST.

    Great advice, Emily! Always gotta take a break if you're too stressed. Hope you do the very best with time managing your new organizational position & schoolwork! You can do it!! You're one of the most organized people I know so you'll be fineeee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww goodness, hopefully things slow down for you! i hate feeling overwhelmed like that. but unwinding with 27 Dresses is a fabulous idea haha that is definitely one of my FAVORITE chic flicks :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.