Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday: Stripes, Skirts, & Socks

Alright, so I have a problem. I like shopping, but I don't like spending money. That's a little bit of a problem. Once, a friend of mine told me, "You get the same satisfaction in saying something as you do in actually doing something." I don't always agree with this, but maybe, if I blog about things I want, it'll be the same satisfaction as actually buying them? (wow, there are so many things wrong with this)

Basically, I want too many things, and I'm preventing myself from spending money by living vicariously through writing about things I like. If anything, I'll know what I need and what I don't need next time I go shopping, right? So without further ado, here's my first Wishlist Wednesday.

I just really want to wear an outfit like this, okay?
striped top 1 - 2 - 3 | skater skirt 1 - 2 - 3 | over the knee socks 1 - 2 - 3

If I were to pick only one thing, I'd go for the socks. I thrifted a black & white striped sweater a while ago, and I already have a burgundy skater skirt. I wouldn't mind a black one, too, though.

You can wear over the knee socks with dresses, skirts, and shorts, and it always looks cute. I've been stalking Pinterest lately, and literally every time I pin something, I think, "This would look SO GREAT if I had those socks!" Some of my friends don't really like them, but I think they're quirky and adorable and perfect. Because they are.

Would you wear over the knee/thigh high socks? How would you style them?

6 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for anything houndstooth! And I absolutely agree that knee socks + dresses look so chic and effortless! I'm not tall enough to pull the look easily but I do like seeing the trend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I feel like it looks like you put in way more effort than you really did.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE KNEE HIGH SOCKS. You just kind of need extras in your drawers because they can rip easily if you wear them on a daily basis. They do make skirts & shorts much cuter & short dresses too.

    Also, I think if you really want to satisfy your shopping craving without spending too much money, just allow yourself to buy one thing every 1-2 weeks or whenever you feel you deserve it. You know, you did all your schoolwork & got an A on an exam, NEW SKIRT. Or maybe just because. If it's reallllly a problem, you should also try making a list of things you could also buy instead of the skirt whether it's food or electronics or books (whatever it is you want). If you realllllly want to be crazy about it, you could also try to weigh out the pros & cons. Do you need this skirt more than you need that Starbucks coffee, pastry, & lunch? hmm hmm hmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I'll probably get a couple of pairs. It's not a serious problem, I just like to exaggerate, haha. Whenever I shop, I make a list of things I like using my Pinterest boards and only get it if it's on my list.

      Delete
  3. I love that zebra striped skirt at the end! very cute!

    I LOVE spending money.. that's my main problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I've been really into stripes lately. And yeah, that would pose a problem, haha :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.