Sunday, February 16, 2014

Obligatory Valentine's Day Post

Happy (late) Valentine's Day! I hope you had a wonderful weekend, regardless of relationship status. I actually did receive a gift - my best friend loves me and got me a big, heart shaped box of chocolate! (Probably because I've been complaining about it and planning to get discounted candy since January.) But it's awesome, and she's the best.


And of course I had to dress for the occasion. Thursday night, my roommates had to deal with me trying on at least four different outfits, before I finally settled on this one.

dress - target | cardigan - target | scarf - michael's | combat boots - madden girl
Our plans for Friday didn't really pan out the way we thought they would - the Indian restaurant was closed, and there was an hour and a half long wait at the bowling alley. Typical. Instead, we went to an even better Chinese restaurant and hung out at a friend's house. Who needs bowling when you can play with a cat named Sherlock?
roast duck with cabbage and rice - actually the best meal I've had in ages



Overall, a great day! How did you spend your Valentine's Day?

16 comments:

  1. Looks like you had so much fun! Me and my friends just watched easy a and had pizza

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! And that sounds like a really relaxing night. Pizza nights are the best!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a fun day! :) I like your outfit, the color of your dress is very pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! And it was a fun day!

      Delete
  3. I love your outfit! It sounds like you had a lot of fun :) I was just working on valentines day, even that evening! Good thing I love my sweetheart every day of the year ;P

    xxx
    http://www.rockinheels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We did :) And hey, nothing wrong with working on Valentine's! At least you didn't have to deal with the hassle of all the v-day traffic, everywhere was packed!

      Delete
  4. LOVE this. you have such a great best friend :)
    and your dress was perfect for Valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh that food looks delicious! I hope you had a lovely valentines day xx
    Gemma // missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it was. Thanks Gemma, I hope you had a good Valentine's Day too!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a fun Valentine's Day with your friends, and your outfit is super cute! I love how you paired the dress with combat boots :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's sweet of your friend. I spent my V days in door with the boyfriend. Decided that going out would be way too expensive and not worth it at all.

    That roast duck looks juicy and yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really relaxing! Our problem was that it was packed everywhere. And it was sooo good!

      Delete
  8. Nice dress color !

    http://fruityandpassion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.