Wednesday, February 19, 2014

J. Crew Inspired

So, there's this necklace from J. Crew that I am obsessed with. Sarahbelle93x posted a video about it a long time ago, and I've been in love with it ever since. Unfortunately it's not available anymore, but this is what I'm talking about:

via J.Crew Tumblr
I'd never shell out $128 for a necklace, but I love it so much! (But there is an "alternative" here on Etsy!)

I wore this outfit last week, and it's heavily inspired by said necklace. I always see people wearing it with chambray or polka dots, so why not try both?

chambray shirt - old navy | polka dot pants - belk | red statement necklace - charming charlie
The necklace I'm wearing is one from Charming Charlie, which I got in a dirty Santa gift exchange. It came with earrings, and the set was $10! It's not an exact alternative to my favorite J. Crew necklace, but you can't beat the price.

My polka dot pants feel like dress pants, but fit like leggings. They're awesome, and I got them for $10 on sale at Belk!


It was quite a preppy day - I think the only thing that would make this outfit more preppy would be a black or white puffer vest, haha. (Yeah, I don't really understand my style, either - I go from extremely preppy to wannabe hipster to kind of vintage...?)

via Pinterest

Do you like love this necklace? How would you wear it?

4 comments:

  1. Love big bold necklaces, it really helps to brighten up any outfit. I don't wear necklaces or any sort of jewellery on a day to day bases, I tend to have a bad habit of playing with it, like taking a bracelet on and off. I do love jewellery for parties, dinner or a night out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like statement necklaces too, but I only have a few, so I don't wear them often. I can't wear bracelets though; they always bang around and make so much noise!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.