Sunday, January 26, 2014

Layering it up

sweater - Macy's | maroon chiffon button up - JCPenney | white cotton longsleeve shirt - Target | black skinny jeans - American Eagle Outfitters | Madden Girl combat boots - Belk | Peter Pan collar necklace - Forever 21

It was really, really cold when I wore this outfit. My sleeves look kind of funny because I'm wearing three shirts, but I wasn't going to sacrifice being warm. There aren't a lot of indoor places on campus to take photos where there isn't hideous, fluorescent lighting, but I tried anyway! I'm pretty sure my hands were about to fall off in the second picture.


I wore some of my favorite accessories with this outfit. This is one of my favorite necklaces. I love to wear it with sweaters or collared shirts - or both! It's a really easy way to make it look like you put in a lot of effort when you really didn't.

 

I also wore mismatched earrings. Everything except the pearl is from Claire's; the clock and key came in a set. I wouldn't recommend Claire's for anyone with sensitive ears - the quality of the metal isn't that great, and I can already see the wear on mine. Maybe it's just me, but I actually think Forever 21 earrings are of better quality, despite how the gold coloring tends to fade. Not to mention cheaper, too!

8 comments:

  1. Cute look! I'm a huge fan of American Eagle's skinny jeans, they're very flattering and affordable! Have you looked into Old Navy's accessories? They're a bit more expensive than Claire's or Forever 21, but their quality is better as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And same here, these were my first pair from AE, and I love them! I look into Old Navy accessories occasionally, but I don't shop there often. I'll have to check them out!

      Delete
  2. Such a cute look!! I love AE and Steve Madden/Madden Girl shoes/pumps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and me too! Steve Madden is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  3. Love the way you accessorised your outfit! It's very cute! You can come and check out the jewelry collection in my boutique shop and see if there is anything you like!
    http://www.boutiqueamuse.com/collections/493630-jewelry

    Looking forward to reading more posts from you!

    - Sandy L.

    boutique-amuse.blogspot.com
    www.boutiqueamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photographs you look so pretty!
    I love how you styled your earrings, it really works!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.