Friday, January 3, 2014

An Introduction

"Our life is made up of time. Our days are measured in hours, our pay measured by those hours, our knowledge is measured by years. [...] And yet time eventually runs out and you wonder in your heart of hearts if those seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years and decades were being spent the best way they possibly could." 
- Cecelia Ahern 
 Time doesn't stop, and there's nothing you can do to change that. No matter what happens, there is one thing that remains constant: the ticking of the clock. And, the harsh reality of it all is that you never know which tick will be your last.

In light of recent events, I've done something I've always wanted to do: start a blog. Because when my last tick of the clock arrives, I want to be able to say, "Yeah, I guess I've done everything I've ever wanted." Not that starting a blog is the only thing I've ever wanted in life, but I'm taking baby steps.

Despite everything that's already happened in 2014, I still believe that this is the year, my year, to start something. If this blog is the only thing I start, then that's okay, but I'm not going to wait around until I "have the time". As I've learned, time doesn't wait until you're ready. Time just keeps chugging along, regardless of what you decide to do with it.

It's the little things that count, right?

It's a working list, but like I said, baby steps. I can already check the first one off the list. I don't know where this blog will take me, or if it will even take me anywhere. But if there's anything I've learned since the new year, it's that I don't have time to waste, so I might as well try.

So, this year, do something. Learn how to knit. Reconnect with old friends. Join a club. Don't dwell on the past. Forget old grudges and bitter memories. Do something you've always wanted to do. If today is your last day, make it worthwhile. The Holstee Manifesto encompasses the gist of what I'm saying, but I'm not really that bold. That, and I also don't have a day job to quit.

Contrary to how serious this post is, I don't intend for it to be a look-into-my-soul kind of blog. I am actually really girly and like clothes and crafts and food, but I felt that this needed to be addressed.

Thanks for reading, and may 2014 be your year. Do something memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading each and every one of them.